This group is open to anyone interested in archaeological and anthropological research projects throughout the Americas. Presentations are given by research students, postdocs, visiting scholars and lecturers from the UK and overseas institutions.
Talks are followed by a wine reception in the McDonald Institute coffee room. All are welcome!
The Americas Archaeology Group is funded by the Centre for Latin American Studies. Their support is gratefully acknowledged.
- Americas Archaeology Group Oct 11, 2016 from 04:00 PM to 05:00 PM — McDonald Institute Seminar Room, Courtyard Building, Downing Street,
- Penny Dransart, (University of Wales Trinity Saint David) - Refractions: Reflecting on colours and contrasts in Andean textiles
- Americas Archaeology Group Nov 10, 2016 from 01:15 PM to 02:00 PM — McDonald Institute Seminar Room, Courtyard Building, Downing Street,
- Marcos Martinon-Torres, (University College London) - The legend of El Dorado: An archaeological perspective
- Americas Archaeology Group Jan 27, 2017 from 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM — McDonald Institute Seminar Room, Courtyard Building, Downing Street,
- Bill Sillar, University College London) - Materialising Empire: The origins of Inca material culture